- Always pour ADDBLUE into the ADDBLUE tank. Only use ADDBLUE equipment when storing or refilling ADDBLUE
- Keep your ADDBLUE equipment clean & free from dust/dirt & container seals to remain intact
- Use dematerialized water (or ADDBLUE) when cleaning internally or priming ADDBLUE equipment
- Wear protective clothing if you are handling large quantities of ADDBLUE
- If spilt, in a vehicle or on a painted surface, rinse thoroughly with water
- Protect from extreme temperatures. ADDBLUE freezes at an ambient temperature of 12˚F or -11˚C
- Gently warm the container to melt the ADDBLUE if it freezes in its storage container. ADDBLUE can be used again, once thawed, as it returns to its original state
- Store below an ambient temperature of 30˚C as ADDBLUE can start to decompose
- Chill your ADDBLUE container if it becomes over heated by spraying the sealed container with water
- Do not fill ADDBLUE into the diesel tank & vice versa
- Do not mix ADDBLUE with other liquids – it is not an additive
- Do not operate your vehicle without ADDBLUE. It is illegal to do so, and will result in extra downtime
- Do not use other substances other then ADDBLUE e.g Urea Solutions. Damage may occur in the SCR system
- Do not over-ride the system as this may affect your warranty, it is illegal and may also put your vehicle into a “limp home type” mode
- Do not use dirty equipment, such as funnels, jugs or oil containers for refilling ADDBLUE
- Do not store ADDBLUE in direct sunlight
Is ADDBLUE Hazardous?
- No, ADDBLUE is not a hazardous substance. It has no known significant effects or critical hazards.
- Do not inhale ADDBLUE vapours, due to the risk of an allergic reaction.
- ADDBLUE is corrosive & can dissolve materials that are not listed as ADDBLUE proof in ISO 22241.